This recipe is one of my faves.
Roasted Cauliflower & Chickpeas with Mustard and Parsley
Recipe from It’s All Good by Gwyneth Paltrow Serves 4
- 1 14-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed, drained and dried
- 1 head of cauliflower, outer leaves removed and discarded, cut into bite-sized florets
- 3 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- Coarse sea salt
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon seeded mustard (i.e., grainy mustard)
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped Italian parsley
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and set the rack in the middle. Toss chickpeas and cauliflower together in a large roasting pan with 3 tablespoons olive oil and a big pinch of salt. Roast, stirring now and then, until everything is dark brown and the cauliflower is quite soft, about 45 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, whisk together mustards, vinegar, and 1/4 cup of olive oil with a big pinch of salt and a few healthy grinds of black pepper. While the chickpeas and cauliflower are still warm, toss them with the mustard dressing and the parsley. Serve warm or at room temperature.
WHY I LOVE THIS.
Cauliflower is packed with Vitamin C – and the more of that we consume from foods, the less likely we are to be overweight, according to research from Arizona State University. It also packs fiber and anti-inflammatory effects into this dish, which accompany a lean protein beautifully. The dijon adds great flavor with few calories. Warning! This side dish may take center plate and overshadow everything it is paired with . . . it is that good!