Chicken lettuce wraps are one of my favorite things to make at home because they’re so easy and so flavorful. This recipe is inspired by the famous appetizer at PF Chang's....but it's a lighter and healthier version!
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 Yellow Onion (diced)
- 1 tbsp Ginger (peeled and grated)
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 Garlic (cloves, minced)
- 2 lbs Ground Chicken ( I like a mix of thigh and breast, but breast works well here)
- 2 tbsps Tamari
- 2 heads Boston Lettuce (peeled apart into leaves and washed)
- 3 stalks Green Onion (chopped)
- 1 cup Matchstick Carrots
- 1/4 cup Raw Peanuts (chopped)
- 1 Lime (sliced into wedges)
- Cilantro (for garnish)
Heat coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add in the onions, ginger, sea salt and pepper and saute for about 5 minutes or until the onion is translucent. Add in the garlic and saute for another minute.
Add in the ground chicken and break it up as it cooks. Once it is cooked through and browned, add in the tamari. Continue to saute until it is absorbed. Remove from heat.
Spoon the chicken mixture into the center of a lettuce leaf and top with green onion, carrots, peanuts and cilantro. Squeeze a lime wedge over the top, wrap and enjoy!