This silky smooth, super versatile vegetarian soup is perfect for a dinner party starter, everyday fall dinner or warming lunch!
Autumn Carrot Soup
2 tbsps EVOO or butter
1 Medium Yellow Onion (chopped)
1 1/2 tsp Curry Powder
1 Cup Carrots (peeled and chopped)
1 Cup Sweet Potatoes (peeled and chopped)
4 Cups Chicken Broth (or veg broth)
1/2 tsp Salt
1 Apple ( I like Honeycrisp or Fuji, peeled and chopped)
1 tbsp Honey
1/8 tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper (to taste)
For Garnish: Toasted Pumpkin Seeds and red chili flakes
1. In a large pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring frequently, until soft and translucent, about 10 minutes. Do not brown.
2. Add the curry powder and cook a minute more.
3. Add the carrots, sweet potatoes, chicken broth and salt and bring to a boil.
4. Cover and simmer over low heat until vegetables are very tender, about 25 minutes. Stir in the apples and honey. Using a stick blender, puree the soup until smooth and creamy. (Or let cool slightly, and blend in a blender)
5. Season to taste with salt, pepper and more honey if necessary.
6. Ladle soup into bowls and sprinkle with toasted pumpkin seeds and red chili flakes if desired
(Note: As the soup sits, it will thicken up so you may need to add a bit of water to thin it out.)