- 1 cup (12 large) medjool dates
- 1/3 cup Chocolate Protein Powder
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter
- 2 1/2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
1. Add dates to a food processor or high-speed blender and process until they are broken down and form a large ball.
2. Add remaining ingredients and continue processing until a dough forms, scraping down the sides as needed. The dough should stick together easily but not be overly sticky to the touch.
3. Use a tablespoon to scoop dough and roll each portion into 1-inch balls. Coat as desired with cocoa powder, unsweetened coconut flakes, or finely crushed almonds.
4. Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator or at room temperature for up to a week.
WHY I LOVE THIS: In addition to being a great source of protein, these balls contain the flavanoid and anti-oxidantpowers of chocolate and a dose of healthy fats from coconut oil and peanut butter.