- 1 tbs Coconut Oil
- 1/2 Red Onion (finely diced)
- 4 Garlic Cloves (minced)
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tbs Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 cup Cilantro (finely diced)
- 4 cups Organic Vegetable Broth
- 3 cups Diced Tomatoes (I used cherry tomatoes, but canned would work here)
- 1 cup Dry Red Lentils
- 1 cup Organic Coconut Milk (canned, full-fat)
- 4 cups Kale Leaves (finely chopped)
1. Heat coconut oil in a large stock pot over medium heat. Add the onions and saute for about 6 minutes or until translucent. Add in the minced garlic. Saute for another minute.
2. Add in the turmeric, garam masala and sea salt. Stir for a minute or until spices are well mixed. Add in the cilantro, vegetable broth and diced tomatoes. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer.
3. Add in the dry lentils, cover and cook for 15 to 20 minutes. Once the lentils are cooked through, add in the coconut milk. Stir well to mix, then add in the kale. Stir again until the kale is wilted. Turn off the heat. Ladle into bowls and enjoy!
4. Garnish: Top soup with chopped cilantro, sliced almonds and/or a dollop of coconut yogurt.