The holidays are about enjoying family and food and the sweet fun magic of the season!
So ditch the stress, the weight gain, the yo-yo diets and the flu, and make some simple changes to your daily routine to give your body that extra BOOST it needs to work its natural magic by incorporating the following into your week, and say hello to one DELICIOUS holiday season:
- Start off your day with detoxing lemon water – it awakens your organs, revs your metabolism, and alkalizes your body so that your body can start cleansing before you’ve even had your breakfast.
- Kickstart your day with cleansing greens. Throw them into a green smoothie, enjoy them with an omelette, or sprinkle some spirulina in your yogurt and granola! Greens contain phytonutrients that help to escort toxins out of your body, and they’re filled with age-defying antioxidants. Aim for 4-8 cups a day!
- Take probiotics! Increasing the flora in your gut will help to keep your entire system in balance so you can fight illness and digest more efficiently. Also incorporate more fermented foods (kimchi, kombucha, tempeh, etc.) into your diet to help your mighty microbiome thrive!
- Drink my immunity tea and 70-80 ounces of H20 between meals to stay hydrated and keep the toxins moving out of your system. When you’re not drinking water/tea, hydrate internally with high water content foods. Add some organic fruit to your water glass for some much needed electrolytes.
- Avoid snacking! Digestion is extremely taxing for your body. And when you are constantly feeding it snacks, your body is constantly working - and working hard - to digest everything thoroughly. When you eat 3 balanced meals per day, with no snacks in between, you give your digestion a break and allow your body to focus its energy elsewhere. This is when it is able to restore its functions, heal properly, and get you those results you dream of.
- Be sure that you’re eating enough fiber. Fiber is what keeps you full, and keeps your digestive system functioning optimally. It binds to toxins in your digestive tract to help move them out and also feeds that gut flora! Whole grains, organic fruits and vegetables, and beans!
- Speaking of superfoods….indulge in superfoods! (I can help you with that!) Each amazing superfood has unique healing qualities and works to help your body absorb all the good stuff, so it can kick out all the bad. With a balanced, superfood diet, each bite is healing your system and optimizing your health.
- Sweat it out! Get moving in any way that inspires you - whether it’s running, dancing, or sweaty bikram yoga, get those sweat glands going! Your pores are the body’s detoxing pathways. When you break a sweat, you are actively expelling toxins from every inch of your body.
- Treat yourself to a relaxing, healing deep tissue massage. This will help to release toxins that were trapped in muscular tissue.
- Get that beauty sleep!!! This one is key. As you rest, your body repairs itself, and without this vital sleep your body is unable to function at its full potential (eg your immune system is compromised). So do yourself a favor…stay in one Saturday night. Sleep in on Sunday morning. Give your body a chance to heal.
- RELAX. Practice stress management. When you’re under stress your hormones fall out of balance which leads to weight gain, anxiety, lack of energy and even illness. A stressed body holds on to toxins, so it’s important to keep your stress levels in check. This might mean taking a few moments in the morning to meditate, taking a walk, or just making time to do something you enjoy.