I adore this simple salad. It is crisp and flavorful and easy to make. In the summer, I serve it with grilled fish or chicken. In colder weather, I use it as a healthy side to lighten up heavy meals. This fresh, light, and colorful salad is sure to become a favorite for your family.
- 1 container cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced (I don't use....My family does not like the onion taste)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, or to taste
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- yellow or orange bell pepper, finely chopped
- shredded purple cabbage
- 1 15 oz. can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
Stir together tomatoes, cucumber, scallions, parsley, and salt and pepper to taste. Squeeze lemon juice over salad and stir. Drizzle oil over salad and stir.
Why I love this: Each ingredient in the salad has unique health benefits. Fresh cucumbers are full of water, and a good source of fiber. Tomatoes provide Vitamin C, A, and cancer fighting lycopene. Parsley is a great source of Vitamin K. It also contains Vitamins C and A, Folate, and anti-oxidants. Lemon juice is full of Vitamin C, antioxidants, and potassium. Olive oil provides a nice dose of healthy fat!
Want to lose weight, get healthy, and transform your life? Sign up for mynewsletter and get weekly tips, tricks, and support from me!