This recipe is the perfect example of how simple and delicious healthy cooking can be, even on the craziest days.
You don’t need to spend hours in the kitchen, and it combines two of my favorite superfoods into a flavorful meal you can get on the dinner table in fifteen minutes.
- 4 ounces fresh wild salmon
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce or Bragg Liquid Aminos
- 1 cup steamed spinach
- freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat broiler. Spread the top of the salmon with mustard and drizzle with soy sauce.
2. Line the baking dish with parchment paper, and broil for 10-15 minutes, or until cooked through.
3. While the salmon is cooking, steam the spinach.
4. Serve the salmon on the steamed spinach and season with salt and pepper.
Why I love this:
Salmon is packed with protein and omega-3s that boost heart health and promote great skin, among other benefits. And spinach is one of the most nutrient-dense greens available. If you use the liquid aminos instead of soy sauce, the dish is also gluten-free.