My friend Krissy always creates healthy and delicious foods that are as beautiful as they are tasty! Check out the healthy foods on this beautiful holiday appetizer plate:
- Greek Olives
- Red Peppers and Snap Peas
- Goat cheese drizzled with olive oil and sprinkled with fresh basil leaves
- Dr. Kracker Crackers (organic and delicious!)
- Leslie Stowe, Rainbow Crisp Crackers (found locally at Epicurious or Roxy's. Also at Wholefoods)
- Parmesan Cheese
- Krissy's Artichoke Spinach Dip (recipe below)
Krissy's Artichoke Spinach Dip - A HEALTHY alternative to a favorite holiday dip!
- 4 roasted artichokes ( find in deli section of supermarket)
- 2 cups Smart Balance reduced fat sour cream. (Greek Yogurt is also great)
- I package Simply Organic Spinach Dip mix.
- Fresh Spinach.
Mix in a Cuisinart
Roasted Red Pepper and Cannelini Bean Dip
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 (16-ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (7-ounce) bottle roasted red bell peppers, rinsed and drained
- 1 large garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons extravirgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Place first 5 ingredients in a food processor; process until smooth. With processor on, slowly add oil through food chute. Stir in salt and black pepper.