It was such a treat to have lunch with my dear friend, Chef Krisi. Here is her delicious and healthy recipe for MAGIC FEEL BETTER SOUP.
And by the way, when you eat "Krisi Food", you taste the love in every bite and you do magically feel better!
Magic Feel Better Soup
1 sweet potato, cut into pieces
1/2 cup of chopped carrots
2-4 cloves of garlic 1 bay leaf
2 cups of chicken (or vegetable) broth
3/4 cup chopped onion
3 cups of fresh swiss chard or spinach, washed and chopped.
A handful of fresh herbs: basil, thyme & parsley
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1) Put the sweet potato, carrots, garlic, bay leaf, onion and broth into a saucepan and bring to a boil.
2) Reduce heat to simmer (medium low) and cook for about 20 – 30 minutes or until the potato is fall-apart tender and the other veggies are soft.
3) Fish out the bay leaf and stir in the chard and other veggies. Cover the pot and cook for just a couple minutes or until the chard is cooked. Add the herbs.
4) Pour the soup into a blender (or use an immersion blender), add the yogurt and blend until smooth. Add more broth if you want a thinner soup. I like my soup pretty thick.
5) Serve hot, topped with Sriracha and a a dollop of yogurt. Garnish with avocado slices and fresh parsley and chives.