These zucchini noodles are mixed with a creamy pesto and then topped with a poached egg. It’s an easy and delicious meal that will leave you feeling light, bright and energized!
- 2 Zucchini (large)
- 1/2 Cup Basil Leaves
- 1/2 Cup Baby Spinach
- 1/2 Garlic (clove, minced)
- 2 tbsp Walnuts
- 2 1/2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 Lemon (juiced)
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 2 Egg
Spiralize your zucchinis into noodles and set aside.
In a food processor combine basil, spinach, garlic, walnuts, olive oil, lemon juice and sea salt. Blend until smooth.
Fry your eggs in a skillet or poach them in a small sauce pan with water and vinegar. Transfer them to a plate lined with paper towel.
You can serve this dish in two ways: For a cold dish, toss your zucchini noodles in desired amount of pesto, top with a fried or poached egg and serve. Or, for a warm dish, heat a bit of olive oil in the skillet and saute your noodles until warmed through, add pesto and work it around with tongs to evenly distribute. Transfer to bowls and top with a fried egg. Enjoy!
- Nut-Free: Use sunflower or pumpkin seeds instead of walnuts.
- More Carbs: Use brown rice pasta instead of zucchini noodles.
- No Spinach: Use kale or any dark leafy green.
- Meat Lover: Skip the poached egg and top with fish, chicken or steak
- Vegan: Skip the poached egg and top with beans, lentils or chickpeas.