"If you really want to make a friend, go to someone's house......the people who give you their food give you their heart."
- Cesar Chavez
It is true: I love cooking. I am not sure what it is, but when I am in the kitchen, I suddenly feel at home. So I thought I would spread the love and write a blog post on why I like it – and perhaps it will inspire some of you that find cooking to be a chore.
Everything about preparing, cooking and sharing food makes me happy. Making something with my own hands feels creative and satisfying, and sharing it with others is a joy and a privilege. The meals I make are one way that I show my love and appreciation for my friends and family.
Reasons I love cooking:
- It’s a time when I can relax in my kitchen with my favorite music
- I love filling the house with welcoming smells
- I love celebrating life with friends at the table, over a delicious meal
- I enjoy good health and nutrition and knowing that I am serving my family the best
- I can try new things and be creative, but I equally enjoy serving the family favorites that give us a sense of tradition
- I love food!
Cooking means something different for everyone — whether it’s for comfort, family, or to entertain and make memories.
Tell me why you cook and share your stories in the comments below!