My family just gobbled this up!
So easy, so yummy and so healthy!
For the recipe......
Recipe inspired by Epicurious
- Corn tortillas
- Skinned halibut fillets
- cumin pwdr
- salt and pepper
- 1-2 T Olive oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 t honey
- 2 T olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 C thinly sliced red cabbage (I used green cabbage because I had some!)
- 1/2 bag of BROCCOLI COLE SLAW
- 1 C julienned CARROTS (I used red bell peppers because I had some!)
- Generous amount of fresh cilantro
- 1 sliced avocado (rough chop with lime juice)
- 3 scallions diced
- fresh serrano peppers (great flavor!)
- fresh diced jalapenos (if you need more heat!)
Fish: Preheat your oven to 400
Dry rub fillets lightly with cumin pwdr salt and pepper.
Heat oil and pan sear fillet until golden on one side. Flip the fillet and place the pan and fish immediately in the oven for 6 minutes.
Do not over cook.
Slaw: combine all ingredients and mix well.
Slaw Dressing: combine all ingredients in shaker and pour over slaw and let sit for 15-20 min.
Warm tortillas: Heat tortillas in a pan over medium heat on the stove top.
Cut each fillet in 4-5 nice slices (crosswise). Put 2 slices per tacos, add slaw, avocado, serrano, scallions, and jalepeños to your liking.