The most loved recipe from our Spring Cleanse!
Chef Katie's Vanilla Chia Pudding
Recipe inspiration from At Home In The Whole Foods Kitchen
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1 vanilla bean, seeds removed
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked 2 hours in water
- 4 cups water
- 7 dates
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Fresh berries and granola to serve
1. Place chia seeds in a large bowl with 1 cup of the water.
2. Blend all ingredients together minus the chia seed; pulse in a high-speed blender with the remaining 3 cups of water.
3. Pour mixture over the chia seeds and begin to whisk. Keep whisking periodically to be sure the pudding does not clump.
4. Place in fridge for 2 hours or overnight.
5. Serve with fresh berries and granola
Why I love this: A single serving of Chia seeds has 18% of the recommended daily intake (RDI) for calcium, and 27% of your daily RDI for phosphorus, which promote bone health. This one serving can also have 33% of your RDI for fiber, which advocates a healthy digestive tract. . Chia seeds are packed with beneficial omega-3 fatty acids, with nearly five grams in a one-ounce serving.