OMG – this dip is delicious!
If you’re a hummus fan, you’re going to love this twist on the classic hummus recipe. Plus, if you avoid eating beans or legumes, then this bean free version will become your new go-to spread.
This recipe takes only minutes to make and you only need a few simple ingredients, which you most likely already have on hand.
Plus, let’s not forget the amazing health benefits – from heart healthy, skin nourishing fat (from avocado), to tons of plant based calcium (from tahini), to vitamin C (from lemons) and vitamin A, folate and potassium (from zucchini), this recipe is loaded with so much incredible goodness!
I used this spread/dip on rice crackers for a delicious snack, on top of my scrambled eggs and it also made the most delicious ‘avocado’ toast for breakfast. Serve it with some gluten free crackers or veggies or use it as a sandwich spread – however you use it I can guarantee it won’t last long!
- 1 medium zucchini, roughly peeled and chopped
- 1/2 medium avocado
- Juice form 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- Dash of paprika (for garnish)
1. Place all ingredients into a food processor.
2. Pulse a few times to combine all ingredients, then pulse on high to fully combine. You may need to scrape down the sides a few times.
3. Top with a dash of paprika and serve.