Fall is here and you know what that means—it’s apple season!
Apple Cinnamon Oats make the perfect healthy fall breakfast. Apples are full of vitamins and antioxidants, and they’re a great source of fiber, too. The combination of apples, cinnamon, vanilla and maple sweetness in this recipe is simply divine. This healthful breakfast is dairy-free, and full of fiber and nutrients. Oats are naturally gluten free, but check the label to make sure they have not been exposed to cross contamination if you are highly allergic.
- 1 1/2 Cups Whole Rolled Oats (3 minute oats work in this recipe)
- 1 1/2 Cups Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 2 Tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 Tsp Nutmeg
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1 Apple (cored and diced)
- 1 Cup Walnuts (chopped)
1. Combine oats, almond milk, chia seeds, maple syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla extract and water in a large glass container. Stir well to evenly mix. Cover and store in the fridge overnight.
2.Remove from fridge. Use single-serving size mason jars and place a few spoonfuls of the oat mixture in the bottom of each. Then add a layer of diced apple followed by a layer of chopped walnuts. Repeat until all ingredients are used up.
3.Store in the fridge up to 4 days or until ready to eat. Add an extra splash of almond milk and/or a drizzle of honey (optional).
- More Protein: Add hemp seeds or a spoonful of nut butter.
- Warm it Up: Heat in the microwave for 30 to 60 seconds before eating.
- No Maple Syrup: Use honey to sweeten instead.