Incredibly delicious, so very refreshing, AND loaded with ingredients that help protect your skin from sunburn and free radical damage from UV rays. Making it the perfect summer time Beauty Tea!
Why I love this:
- Watermelon — rich in the antioxidant lycopene, which has been proven to provide long-term protection against the effects of UV radiation.
- Green tea — studies have found that the catechins in green tea protect skin cells from the oxidative dress and damage from UV exposure. Green tea has the highest antioxidant value of any food found in nature.
- Strawberries — rich in the antioxidant vitamin C, which protects the catechins in green tea, making them more powerful once they’re in your body. Vitamin C is also necessary to build collagen, the supportive protein in the skin that keeps it smooth, supple, and youthful-looking!
- Lime — also rich in the antioxidant vitamin C*
Watermelon Iced Tea
- 1 tbs organic loose green tea OR 3 organic green tea bags
- 1 1/2 cups hot (not quite boiling) water
- 1 lb fresh, seedless watermelon
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 8 strawberries, hulled
- 4 large mint leaves
Make a cup of green tea, letting the tea steep for 3 minutes (any longer and it will be bitter), then strain out the leaves or remove the tea bags. Put the tea in the refrigerator to cool.
In a high-speed blender, puree the watermelon. Add enough fruit so that the juice reaches the 2-cup marker.
Once the green tea has cooled, add it to the watermelon puree in the blender along with the lime juice, strawberries, and mint leaves. Blend until smooth.
Serve over ice and enjoy!